Grow your team with a driven infrastructure technician

Are you on the hunt for someone to deliver 1st or 2nd line support for your internal or external customers? Do you need additional resource to help with standard builds, setting up users, delivering infrastructure projects or staffing support desks?

By hiring an apprentice you’re shaping the next generation of digital talent to solve your specific business needs and encourage a culture of learning and development within your organisation.

Our passion is helping you nurture digital talent. We want to help junior infrastructure technicians build the careers they desire and find a sense of belonging through their apprenticeship. So however big their ambitions are, they’ll always remember where they started.

Request more information.

What will my apprentice learn?

Our industry coaches will support your apprentice in gaining industry-recognised qualifications in the following areas. More importantly, they’ll coach them on how to apply this knowledge in the workplace. A typical programme could include:

  • Networking and architecture – CompTIA A+, Microsoft MTA Network Fundamentals
  • Mobile and operating systems – Security+, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
  • Cloud services – MTA Cloud Fundamentals
  • Coding and logic – BCS Coding and Logic
  • Business processes – BCS Business Processes, ITIL Foundation Level
Get In Touch

How does it work?

Are you looking to hire a new team member or do you have someone in mind? If you’ve already got someone on board, you may want to skip to the next section. Otherwise, keep reading.

Step 1: We work with you to recruit an apprentice. We’ll advertise your vacancy, conduct the initial screening and telephone interviews and set work-related challenges at no extra cost, before passing promising candidates to you for interview. Candidates range from school and college leavers to graduates to those with some work experience under their belt.

Step 2: You interview a selection of candidates and make the hiring decision. The apprentice is employed by you and works within your business. They spend 20% of their time (approx. 1 day per week) on off-the-job training, working towards their Level 3 qualification.

Step 3: Over 18 months, we coach your apprentice through their exams and coursework and help them apply their new knowledge and skills in the workplace. This coaching can be delivered at one of our training venues, online or at your premises.

Step 4: As your apprentice develops their skills, they start adding huge value to your team and bring a fresh perspective to business challenges.

Step 5: Your apprentice undertakes End Point Assessment and successfully completes their apprenticeship.

How much does it cost?

If your business has an annual payroll bill of more than £3m you will already be paying the apprenticeship levy. This money can be used to fund apprenticeship training and any money not spent reverts to the government.

Once your levy fund has been spent, or if you have a PAYE bill of less than £3m, the government pays 95% of the apprenticeship cost and you pay the remaining 5%. For the Infrastructure Technician standard this means the maximum you will be asked to pay is £750 per apprentice towards the cost of their training.

The biggest cost to hiring an apprentice is their salary. Although minimum wage for apprentices is £4.15 per hour, we’d recommend a salary of £12,000 to £18,000 per annum for an Infrastructure Technician to attract the right people to your role.

You can also take advantage of a £1,000 incentive payment from the government if your apprentice is aged 16-18 or 19-24 with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.

On top of this, the government has introduced Covid response incentives, valid for starts until 31st January 2021. This entitles you to an additional £2,000 when you employ an apprentice aged 16-24 or £1,500 if the apprentice is over 25.

Get In Touch

What employers say.

Are you Digital Native?

Get In Touch